PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This policy was updated on 2nd September 2020.
We are committed to upholding your privacy and taking care with the personal information that you may volunteer when you apply for the PHAB Service Stars or sign up for our e-newsletter.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is PHAB Standard Limited, Company No: 06958294 and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as PHAB Standard Limited, "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a data protection officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data protection officer using the details set out below:
- Full name of legal entity: PHAB Standard Limited
- Name of data protection officer: Nergish Wadia-Austin, Chief Executive Officer
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: PO Box 47290, London, W7 9AX
- Telephone number: +44 2088 409 070
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND USE
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
You will be asked for personal information about you whenever you interact with us, for example when you:
- Apply for the PHAB Service Stars.
- Sign up to receive e-newsletter updates.
- Contact us through the following channels: online, email, phone, SMS, social media or post.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you:
- Identity Data - This includes data relating specifically to your identity, such as your first and last name. It also includes data relating to your manager and your customers that you provide as references in your application so that we can verify your performance. It is the responsibility of the individual providing manager and customer identity data to ensure they have obtained permission from the manager or customer to share this data with us.
- Contact Data - This includes data relating to how you and your reference customers or manager may be contacted, such as billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Performance Data - This includes data relating to the number of customers you see per day, the number who buy retail and the number that are repeat customers.
- Financial Data - This includes data relating to your means and methods of payment, such as your payment card details. We do not keep a record of your credit card details used to pay for your application.
- Technical Data - This includes more technical data that we may obtain when you make use of our website, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data - This includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing Data - This includes your preferences in relation to whether or not you want to receive marketing from us and our third parties and also your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions - You may give us your data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone,
email. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for the PHAB Service Stars.
- Submit a customer review.
- Sign up to receive e-newsletter updates.
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- Give us feedback
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Depending on the preferences you have indicated, we will use the Data you have provided to:
- Perform reference checks and confirm details in your application.
- Process payment for your application.
- Send you communications by post, telephone or digital means in order to inform you of your application, other services or events, which may include emails from us containing relevant news, offers or competitions.
- Ask you to participate in surveys we use for research, although you do not have to respond to them.
OPTING INTO AND OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
With your explicit consent we will contact you to let you know about upcoming events, offers and updates on our business. Occasionally we may include information about other businesses that we work with.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our e-newsletters. We review statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technology to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletters. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can opt out of any or all of the above communications at any time simply by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any email communication or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We do not trade email lists with other organisations and businesses and will not share your information for promotional purposes.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the following platforms on our website: MailChimp, Microsoft, Stripe, and Twilio. They are all based in the United States of America.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFE
We place great importance on the security of your personal information and will always take appropriate precautions to protect it from unauthorized or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss. The personal details that you provide will be held securely and will not be used for any other purpose than as provided for in this policy.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION UP TO DATE
We will endeavor to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If you become aware of errors or inaccuracies, please email us at email@example.com. We would really appreciate it if you could let us know if your contact details change.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you and request to receive a copy of that information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request a copy of that information.
Our website may occasionally contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these and you should read their own privacy policies.
In order to make our website easier to use and improve our service, we use session cookies. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. Some features on our site will not function if you do not allow cookies.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR
By law we have to keep basic information about our customer’s applications (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Performance Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request Erasure below for further information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, which became law in the UK in May 2018, you are also granted a number of additional rights. These include:
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
For more information on these rights please read the relevant guidance issued by the ICO here
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (“the Terms”) govern the users (“you” or “your”) use of the website www.phabservicestars.com (“the Website”) and your relationship with PHAB Standard Limited whose registered offices are at 43 Grayburn Lane, Beverley, North Humberside, HU17 8JR, Company Reg No.: 06958294 (“we”, “our” or “us”). Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under law. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access nor use the Website. If you have any queries regarding these Terms then please contact us via postal mail at PO Box 47290, London, W7 9AX or by email at email@example.com.
By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms.
We reserve the right to:
- Update these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Website. It is your responsibility to check for such changes. The changes will apply to the use of the Website after we have given such an announcement. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms; and
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website and the material contained within (or any part) without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website or its contents.
3. APPLICATION ONLINE
You warrant that:
- the personal information which you are required to provide when you apply for a PHABStar is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- you are not impersonating any other person or entity
You will notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and its use. You agree not to upload or transmit through the Website:
- any computer viruses or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer; and
- any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene character
You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms by you, or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website or any other person accessing the Website using your personal information
6. THIRD PARTY LINKS
As a convenience to our customers, the Website may include links to other websites or material which is beyond our control. For your information, we are not responsible for such websites or material nor do we review or endorse them. We will not be liable, whether directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or content of such websites nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
All prices shown on the website displays prices both excluding and including VAT at various points. There is always a clear display of the ultimate price including VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The content of the Website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights and you acknowledge that the material and content supplied as part of the Website shall remain with us or our licensors.
You may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Notwithstanding any other provision in the Terms, nothing in these Terms:
- affect or limit your rights as a consumer under English law; or
- will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to it and its use. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and cannot be responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided by you. You must bear the risk associated with the use of the Internet.
Whilst we will try to ensure that material included on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, we cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case. We will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the Website. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Website we will attempt to correct this as soon as we reasonably can.
In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
- incompatibility of the Website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
- technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Website;
- unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Website; and
- failure of the Website to meet your requirements.
To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (both of which terms includes, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Website.
10. LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
3. All content of this site, including text, images, source codes, logos, icons and photos and all other material, is the property of PHAB Standard Limited or its content providers and is protected by the United Kingdom and international copyright laws.
4. The site is for personal use only and users may not exploit any part of the content in any way without the written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.
5. Permission is granted to print and electronically copy portions of the phabservicestarts.com site for the sole purpose of using this website as a marketing resource. Any other use of this website and its materials, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication without the prior written permission of PHAB Standard Limited, is strictly prohibited.
6. PHAB Standard Limited does not make any warranty or representation in respect of any other trademark and the trademarks of the brands featured on phabservicestars.com belong to their respective owners.
1. Because of the nature of the Internet, PHAB Standard Limited provides and maintains phabservicestars.com on an “as is,” “as available” basis and makes no promise that use of phabservicestars.com will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
2. PHAB Standard Limited will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communication outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
3. These Terms do not affect your Statutory Rights as a consumer.
4. This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of taylortaylorlondon.com or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
5. Subject as aforementioned, to the maximum extent permitted by law, PHAB Standard Limited excludes liability for loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such loss arises out of any problem you notify to PHAB Standard Limited and PHAB Standard Limited shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on phabservicestars.com;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating phabservicestars.com;
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property rights of any third party caused by their use of phabservicestars.com or any Product purchased through phabservicestars.com;
- any loss or damage resulting from your use of inability to use the phabservicestars.com website or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control;
- any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from our error;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading phabservicestars.com, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from phabservicestars.com;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
6. PHAB Standard Limited may change or withdraw any part of phabservicestars.com, or may refuse you access to the website at any time if we consider it necessary.
7. PHAB Standard Limited may also terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of phabservicestars.com upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
8. Termination shall be without prejudice to PHAB Standard Limited’s other rights.
9. PHAB Standard Limited acts as a principal on its own account and not as an agent for you or any other person.
10. If PHAB Standard Limited does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a continuing waiver.
11. In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at PHAB Standard Limited’s option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
12. These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and PHAB Standard Limited and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other Terms or Conditions of contract proposed.
13. Use of phabservicestars.com and these Terms are subject to English Law and the jurisdiction of English Courts.